Financial Assistance

Student Loans

Every student admitted to a program and enrolled at least half-time in Concordia University’s graduate programs may be eligible for Federal Stafford Loans and Federal Graduate PLUS loans that can pay for the entire tuition amount, plus provide additional funds to assist with living expenses and other educationally-related costs.

Tuition Scholarships

Certain students may receive tuition scholarships for the graduate programs if they fit into one of the categories listed below:

  • Concordia alumni who have graduated with a bachelor’s degree receive a 20% tuition grant for graduate education coursework, MBA, and MA TESOL program.  
  • Full-time, rostered LCMS Professional Church Workers (i.e., teacher, DCE, pastor, or youth minister) receive 20% tuition grant. These individuals must be active members of an LCMS congregation.
  • In-service educators who teach in any Lutheran elementary or secondary school receive 20% tuition grant.
  • In-service educators who have served as cooperating teachers for Concordia students during the student teaching semester or the practicum semester receive a non-transferable scholarship equivalent to one credit’s tuition for their first graduate course.
  • SIFE mentors for Administrative Practicum students receive one non-transferable graduate credit.
  • Master of Arts in Teaching students who are LCMS members and are currently enrolled in the PCW track receive a 20% scholarship.

Note: Eligible students will receive the single tuition scholarship that provides the greatest value to them.

Veteran Educational Benefits

Academic programs offered at Concordia are approved by the Oregon State Approving Agency. Veterans and other persons eligible for educational benefits may complete the education benefit application on the VA’s website Students will receive confirmation (Certificate of Eligibility or CoE) from the VA regarding eligibility for education benefits. It is the student’s responsibility to send a copy of the CoE to Concordia University’s School Certifying Official in the Finance Office before benefits can be processed. Please note: a copy of the qualifying veteran's DD-214 is also required for those no longer on active duty or for those students receiving Dependent Education Assistance (Chapter 35) benefits. Any veteran receiving GI Bill benefits while attending Concordia University is required to obtain transcripts from all previously attended schools and submit them to the school for review of prior credit. More information is available on